giovedì 13 settembre 2012

"I could never let you go, my darling cold and blue. I wonder, are you dreaming still spread eagle, blood removed?" - TBDM.

I think this is my favourite pic I've taken/edited, since now. It's my personal tribute to one of the band I'm listening wildly since a few years: The Black Dahlia Murder. Lately, it happened more than once that I've been inspired to take photos by a song...and the song in question is freakin' awesome. I'm not going to talk about the god-like drumming in it and how I could come only listening to the bass drum. Shannon Lucas is unhuman, that's all. Ok ok, I'm missing myself already. I don't usually read the lyrics of what I listen to and I know it's quite uncommon since tons of people think that lyrics are at least 50% of the song. Well, you should read a grindcore/deathcore-band lyrics sometimes. They are kinda pointless even if pretty brutal and cool, but still, pointless. Nonetheless, these ones kinda blew my mind. I don't know if it's true but it seems that Trevor (the singer), is referring to one the most macabre real-stories I've ever read about. I don't know if you are interested in these kind of details, but you can google "Carl Tanzler" and read about him on Wikipedia. 

I think that the wood in this pic looks fucking incredible, especially because it's not a wood. It's just a "simple" mansion garden where I have to bring the mail. And yes, I've felt a total idiot while posing like that. I've been lucky enough to build a quick "shelf" with a package to put my phone on, and it took just 3 or 4 shots to have a decent one before disappearing from there. Then once at home, I asked my sister to pose for the second part  of this work. Actually, the whole pic instead of her is in HDR. I needed her to be more clear and sharp. I'm posting a non-filter version here because I've found that even if colors are better in the Instagram one, the overall quality it's a bit ruined. Nevermind.

Filter on Instagram: "Hudson"

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento